The London Sanctuary is a memorial to London (pictured above), the founder’s “heart” dog who crossed the Rainbow Bridge in 2008. It is an extension of work he has been doing for many years privately which is saving the lives of dogs at risk. In 2010, it was decided that it was time to move toward a 501(c)3 status instead of the more limiting method of working under the umbrella of other rescues.
Currently TLS cares for dogs unable to be placed due to their advanced age or medical needs.
Funds are always needed to continue our rescue efforts and, hopefully, even exceed the amount of dogs helped. Adopting one of these dogs is the best way to help us obtain our goal. But there are other ways to offer your support and to get involved.
The London Sanctuary (TLS) focuses on providing a safe haven for elderly, unwanted Dalmatians, as well as other at-risk, large to medium-sized breeds as space and funds permit. Special consideration is given to bulldogs and hounds, which are also greatly at risk in northeast Florida.
- TLS rescues, rehabilitates, and re-homes as many dogs from area shelters as possible. Our priority is to take dogs most at-risk of euthanasia in high-kill facilities.
- TLS attempts to place dogs through online pet-listing services and forums, and social media.
- TLS thoroughly screens prospective owners with home and veterinary reference checks.
- TLS houses a limited number of dogs as care-for-life dogs that cannot be placed either due to age and/or medical conditions.
- TLS provides ongoing support and education to all adopters.
- TLS spays/neuters and gives necessary medical treatment to all dogs prior to placement.
The London Sanctuary is supported privately and by the community through fundraisers, donations and gifts from organizations, corporations and individuals. Reasonable adoption fees help defray the cost of operation.
Donations are now possible via Paypal!
Please send them to: LondonSanctuary@aol.com